- Drug Facts
- Taken orally once a day, methadone suppresses narcotic withdrawal for between 24 and 36 hours.
- Reports have emerged that more and more patients are asking for methadone by name, particularly at pain management clinics.
- Methadone is a man-made narcotic used to help people with addictions to opioid drugs (opium, codeine, heroin, morphine).
- Detox from Methadone may be more difficult than other substances; but, the end result is a body clean from drug polluting toxins.
- Individuals are as physically dependent on methadone as they were to heroin or other opiates; this is not recovery from drug addiction.